Friday, March 13, 2009

Teaching class while drunk


I've had hangovers in class while I was in college, but I've never been drunk. Well, I don't think I was still drunk. I've certainly never carried a flask with me either.

A fourth grade substitute teacher in Minnesota did. The teacher was caught with a bottle of Phillips Vodka. First of all, I have never heard of Phillips. I've heard of Smirnoff, Reyka, Tanqueray Sterling, Ketel One (which a friend of mine swore was the only vodka that didn't give her a hangover), Van Gogh, Grey Goose, and Stoli's.

Anyways, this brilliant person who is teaching our future while drunk, was NOT arrested. Why? I have no idea, but they should've been. The name of the sub should've been released along with a photo and plastered all over the local news. The sub should be blacklisted from teaching until that person has a completed rehab.

Full article is here.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

I definitely think this substitute teacher shouldn't be ALLOWED to teach. At least not for awhile. Seriously, that's crazy. One of my best friends is a teacher and when she was subbing for junior high she actually swore out loud at them... *lol* Those subs sure got it rough.