Monday, March 16, 2009

How about getting a tattoo on your eyeball


There are all kinds of tattoos. There's the typical tattoo on your body (arms, legs, back, etc.), cosmetic tattoos like eyeliner and lip liner, some people use tattoos to cover up unsightly scars, and there are people who take it to the extreme.

The latest trend in Oklahoma City is getting the sclera (which is the white part of your eye) tattooed. Now, I have a tattoo on the small of my back. It took 45 minutes to do. I cried like a baby during the whole process and afterwards! I swore up and down that it's got to be right up there with child birth pain, but this has got me beat hands down. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like. Besides, I'm wondering who would be brave enough to perform the procedure! What happens if they get a twitch in their arm? "Oooops! I just put your eyeball out. Sorry 'bout that man."

Lawmakers are trying to make it illegal to do though. I wonder how successful this bill will be in preventing the tattoos.

No comments: