Thursday, April 23, 2009

Teacher accused of starving cats: 'I lost track of time'


Let me first say that when I lose track of time, I lose about a few hours while I'm at work or it might be a Saturday afternoon. The main culprit for me losing time is shopping. BUT, now that I have a dog to take care of, my world revolves around this little furry, energetic, bouncy, four-legged creature. That isn't the case with Allison Dinsmore, a teacher from Florida.

Dinsmore left her apartment and her two cats in early February (no exact date was given). She left food, water, and a clean litter box and she intended to return in a few days. Ok, that's fine. My cat back home can do that although she'll get mad if you're gone for a week. But by February 23, her apartment complex manager came knocking for rent money, but discovered her dead cats. A veterinarian determined that the cats were starved to death.

What was her excuse? She lost track of time. Now she's up for felony animal cruelty charges and which she should be!



Article and image via TCpalm.com.

No comments: