Friday, May 8, 2009

Speed camera boss banned from driving


Tom Riall, 49, is head of Serco's home affairs division, one of Britain's biggest speed camera companies which has installed and managed speed cameras at more than 4,000 sites around Britain since 1992. So, you would think that this man would be careful with his speed right? Wrong. Apparently, this guy thinks he's above all that.

Cops clocked Riall doing 102.92mph. Riall was fined £300 (CAD $523.02) , £46 (CAD $80.16) towards prosecution costs and a victim surcharge of £15 (CAD $26.14). He was also banned from driving after his third speeding offence in two years.

The timesonline has quote Riall as saying

“I accept the decision of the court. I recognise that speeding is not acceptable and regret what I did. My speed was excessive and I’ve made a full apology. I would like to make it clear that I do acknowledge and accept that my speed was excessive and the offence merits points on my driving licence. I would point out that a potential ban would be a significant punishment on me as an individual.”
Full article and image via timesonline.co.uk.

No comments: