Monday, June 1, 2009

Jogger injured after using Twitter as he ran


A 23-year-old British office worker usually jogs the three miles from his home to work. However, one morning he was tweeting on his Blackberry as he was jogging. He was in the middle of posting a tweet when he ran into a low lying tree branch which caused him to crash to the pavement resulting in a black eye.

I guess you could say I feel a right Twit. One minute I was running along posting a tweet, the next I was lying on my back on the pavement in agony. The branch came out of nowhere and hit my face hard. I could only see through one eye for a couple of days afterwards, but the swelling has started to go down now. I was a laughing stock at the office. I don't even use Twitter that much to be honest. But I certainly won't be tweeting while running anymore.

After all this, he even posted about it on his twitter account. "I don't even use Twitter that much to be honest." Uh huh, and I'm the Queen of England.

Article and image via the Telegraph.

No comments: